104 Willis Avenue
Perry, IA 50220
Learn more about propane safety from Quick Oil. Follow these easy-to-remember tips for propane safety and contact Quick Oil any time, 24 hours a day, for EMERGENCY services.
What to do if you smell Gas!
1) NO flames or sparks: Immediately extinguish all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not turn on or use lights, appliances, telephones, or even cell phones. Sparks or flames from these sources can trigger an explosion or fire.
2) Leave the area IMMEDIATELY: Get everyone out of the building or area where you suspect a gas leak.
3) Shut off the gas: Shut the main gas supply valve on your propane tank if it is safe to do so. Turn the valve to the right (clockwise) to shut the valve off.
4) Report the leak: From a neighbor's home or other nearby building away from the gas leak, call your propane retailer right away. If you can't reach your retailer, call 911 or your local fire department.
5) Get your system checked: Before you attempt to use any of your propane appliances for the first time, a qualified service technician must check your entire system to make sure it is leak free.
Learn more about proper propane tank placement
Find out more information about how to safely position your propane tank from Quick Oil. With all of today's rigorous guidelines, Quick Oil can help you ensure that your tank is placed according to all relevant federal, state, and local ordinances.
Find out why regulator changes are important
Often, inspection of an aging regulator is all that's needed to precipitate a change-out project. While there's no code requirement for changing regulators, an outdated regulator system could be in need of replacement to ensure you've got the latest safety features available.
Quick Oil Co
104 Willis Ave.
Perry, IA 50220
Call our toll-free number 24 hours a day for EMERGENCY service from Quick Oil.